When it comes to home renovations, we know things can add up quickly!
If you’re looking to update your home or make some changes to your space, there are a few simple things you can do that are affordable AND have a great return on investment:
- Fresh Coat of Paint: It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for the interior and exterior of your home or space. It is affordable, easy to do yourself and typically has a 60% return on investment, especially when it comes time to sell!
- Refresh Your Floors: Flooring is the most worn element in any home. While replacing it may seem tedious, these updates tend to have a great return on investment garnering 100-150%. With options from updating carpet to hardwood, changing out your laminate or adding fresh tile to your bathroom or kitchen, new floors are an easy way to breathe new life into your home.
- New Doors and Hardware: From installing brand new wood-stained garage doors to a statement front entrance to new baseboards and wainscotting or even a simple handle update, your home will feel fresh in no time! With a smaller WOW factor, even this minimal facelift can have a 50% return on your investment.
- Updated Countertops and Cupboards: Kitchen renovations can typically be the biggest and most expensive, but they also have the best return on investment garnering a return of 75-100% after all it is the heart of the home. If you’re not ready to do a full kitchen renovation, consider updating your countertops and cupboard doors. You can expect to pay approximately $3,000 for granite or quartz countertops, which will freshen the space and make it look brand new!
- Adding a Wooden Deck: Is your backyard functional? Does it scream summer get-together? If not, or if you think there is room for improvement, a great option can be adding a simple wooden deck! These can be built into almost any size or shape to suit your needs and is relatively affordable costing around $10,000 to $15,000 with a return of 80% when it comes time to sell.
If you’re looking to do a reno, contact me today about utilizing your home equity or refinancing your mortgage to apply funds to your new project!