When it comes to the holidays, buying gifts can be overwhelming and expensive. Fortunately, it isn’t the only option! If you have some extra time and talent, do-it-yourself gifts are a wonderful way to make your friends and family feel cherished.
Thankfully, you don’t have to be a pro-level crafter to make someone a nice gift! Here are some great ideas for homemade gifts to help you get started:
- Family Recipe Book – To share all of your favourite meals and homemade recipes. Try writing out a journal or simply gluing recipe cards down in a book! You could even put the cards in a photo album for an easy and clean flipbook!
- Yummy Treats – Do you have a signature cookie recipe? Or maybe a special seasoning you create from scratch? Gifting homemade treats is a great way to celebrate the holidays! From filling a cute tin container with gingerbread to a mason jar brimming with your homemade mixture, your family and friends are sure to feel the love!
- Say Cheese! – From getting personalized mouse pads to mugs to candles, highlighting a favourite photo(s) and memory from the year can be a great way to show your loved ones how much you cherish them!
- Let Them be Pampered – Creating homemade bath bombs, soaps and/or scrubs is not as hard as you think! Creating a cute little pamper set with a couple different items can be the perfect pick-me-up for anyone on your gift list.
- Fabrics from the Heart – Are you an excellent sewer? Cross-stitcher? Love to create with fabric and yarn? Gifting homemade washcloths, blankets, scarves or even clothing makes an exciting and unique gift that your family and friends are sure to love!